In today’s episode I delve into when you should seek out a career coach. I will share the benefits are of hiring a career coach and what a successful interaction with a coach can look like.
Here is what you will learn:
- Janine shares a story of a mother she met that was returning to work.
- What are the common negative feelings that mothers may have when returning to work?
- How did career coaching assist the working mom Janine met?
- How can a career coach help you if you feel stuck?
- What can a career coach do to help if you lack clarity of how to move into your career?
- When you feel unsupported, hire a career coach.
- What types of career mother clients has Janine worked with?
3 Key Points:
- Common feelings of a mother returning back to work include: negotiating flexibility, how her colleagues will view her, depleted confidence, and worrying about the balance between work and family life.
- If you are lacking clarity on how to proceed in the workforce as a mother, working with a career coach can help.
- Working with a career coach is a great way to feel supported.
- “Many times, people feel stuck in their careers particularly after a huge life transition.” – Janine Esbrand
- “The average person is said to have 60,000-80,000 thoughts a day. And research shows that 95% of those thoughts are repetitive.” – Janine Esbrand
- “One of the really huge benefits of working with a coach is that you will have somebody who can bring a different judgment-free perspective and help you to snap out of that usual train-of-thought and that way that you think.” – Janine Esbrand
Links & Resources:
You may also like: Episode 49- Why You Need A Mentor and How To Find One with Amanda Adeola
If you enjoyed this episode, please take the time to leave a review on i-tunes.