We are continuing the Career Change Series.
In this episode, I interview Austin Belcak, Director of Partner Development at Microsoft and Founder and Career Coach at Cultivated Culture, where he helps people in finding great jobs without applying online. Austin focuses on working with people from non-traditional backgrounds find and land roles in big companies.
He also assists workers that have taken a career break and are looking to bridge that gap and get hired without following the traditional approach to job searching.
Here is what you will learn:
- Austin Belcak explains who he is and the work he does.
- What has been Austin’s career journey?
- Why referrals are crucial to getting a new job.
- How to showcase your skills in an eye-catching way.
- How to Find people that can help you to secure your next role.
- Why there is so much power in the follow-up.
- Most jobs aren’t advertised.
- You can get a referral for a job position, even if you don’t know the person.
- Spending focused energy on build relationships is more effective than making lots of applications.
- “Men apply for jobs when they meet 60% of the criteria. While women wait until they meet 100%.” – Janine Esbrand
- “I teach people how to leverage some strategies to build relationships to showcase their value and to get hired without applying online.” – Austin Belcak
- “What I have found is that a lot of people have been where you are in their own careers, and so what I love to have people do is go out and find somebody who has already travelled the path that you want to go down.” – Austin Belcak
Links and Resources:
- Career Kickstart Program
- Janine Esbrand: Linkedin Twitter
- Austin Belcak: Linkedin
You may also like: Episode 30- How do I land that job interview?
If you enjoyed this episode, please take the time to leave a review on i-tunes.