In this episode, I interview Amy Dunkell, mother, photographer, nurse, and host of the Moms Rule the World podcast. We hear about how changing career direction helped her navigate the challenges of motherhood.
Here is what you will learn:
- How Amy’s expectations of motherhood were different from her reality.
- Why Amy started her podcast in the middle of a sleepless night with her baby.
- What made Amy want to start a business shortly after having her baby.
- How Amy dealt with unexpected post-partum depression.
- Tips on changing your career path in stages.
3 Key Points:
- Women have similar fears about making career changes regardless of background.
- If you’re interested in taking a creative leap from your traditional role, you can experiment in small increments of time or by taking a sequence of small steps.
- Even when you love your job, work will sometimes look like work.
“What I think you can’t be prepared for, ever, is the emotional aspect of motherhood.” –Amy Dunkell.
“If there’s an idea that’s speaking to you, start exploring that in small increments of time.” – Amy Dunkell.
“People respect no’s, it’s just hard for us to say them.” – Amy Dunkell.
You may also like: Episode 64- Redefining Motherhood with Marta Spirk
If you enjoyed this episode, please take the time to leave a review on i-tunes.
14 Resources Every Working Mother Should Know About
Get your guide to top resources that will help remove the stress and overwhelm from your working mum journey.